Friday, August 20, 2010

What's the deal with a girlfriend who starts dating a guy days after a break-up?

I dated my girlfriend for a year and a half. She was 20 and I was 27 (I know, my first mistake). Despite our age differences, we were very much in love (or so I thought). In late September, she wanted to “take a break”. Not being an idiot, I knew “take a break” is girl talk for “I want to meet other guys.” So I told her if that’s what she wants, we’re done. Her family told her she was crazy to leave me (I’m 7 years older than her and HER family thought we should be together. That’s how well I treated her). She didn’t want to lose me, so we didn’t break up. For the following weeks, we had problems and I eventually broke up with her in late December because she was acting like we were “on a break” (for example, giving guys her number, not telling guys she meets that she had a boyfriend and such). A few weeks after our official break up, she texts me to tell me she miss me and if I’ve meet anyone else. I told her no, because being in love with her, I couldn’t possibly even think about dating someone else. She didn’t think the same way. She told me that she meet a guy “a couple of weeks ago and they just hit it off”. I did the math and that meant she meet the guy a few days after we officially broke up and then started dating him.





My problem: Does this mean she had met the guy (hooked up with him?) when we were still in our “break“ period and then she decided to go to girlfriend status with this guy? Also, if you date a guy for a year and a half, is it really that easy to go right into another relationship with someone else? Two months later and I still can’t stop thinking about her and she jumped into a relationship WHILE telling me she thinks about me every day! Is the guy a rebound, doing it to make me jealous, or is she actually happy to be with him? The way I look at it, if you’re in love with someone as much as she said she was in love with me, how can you move on days after the last time you saw that person? I’m just second guessing our relationship and whether she really did care for me at one point. Because her actions now say she never cared for me.What's the deal with a girlfriend who starts dating a guy days after a break-up?
i definitely doubt that she NEVER cared about you. but i have a feeling that around the time of her first wanting to ';take a break,'; she began losing emotional (and/or physical) attraction for you.


for her to quickly move on like that says (in my opinions) two things: she just can't stand being alone, and she's sort of immature. i can almost guarentee that this new guy is just a rebound, but don't expect her to come back to you. but...if she does, be careful...it looks like this girl doesn't know what she wants, and you seem like too great of a guy to be tossed around like this.


healing takes time...especially from a long-term relationship. just take it day by day, but definitely don't purposely dwell on her. If you still have momentos from her (letters, gifts, etc), get rid of them...looking back will do nothing.


Good luck...i'm sure that you'll have no problem finding someone who will really appreciate everything that you do for her.What's the deal with a girlfriend who starts dating a guy days after a break-up?
I've been there...I even told my ex that I wanted a break and he acted like he didn't care so I moved on and then he came back telling me he loved me.....well it was too late. In your situation I think she is trying really hard to move on but make you jealous at the same time...her meeting up with that guy was probably before the break really ended.....as for the giving out her number, I think she thought that she might not have another chance with you so she decided to open herself to options. She did love you and who knows, she still might, but she's also probably hurt and her pride is stung.
She may have really cared for you, but you have to remember, she is still young, and sometimes, you can fall in and out of love before you can break a stick. But don't you sit around worrying about when she met him, get out and start to meet new friends.
Prolly she was boffing him before she dropped the bomb....
I agree with you, her actions point to that she didn't have the same feelings that you did.





But also, just to let you know, ';taking a break'; in girl code doesn't always mean ';I want to meet someone else';. In this case, it sounds like you were right, but just be aware that not all of us speak that same language.
she is on rebound with this guy. and i think she could of loved you before but lost that loving feeling. so I think it would be wise to move on and find a girl who wil repsect you more then she did. and its her loss not yours.
You are analyzing this way too much. What's done is done. Let her go about her business and you go about yours. You seem hurt and she does not. Fact is, the relationship is over so don't waste precious time dwelling on something that is obviously not there now. You did have good times. You did have bad times. Don't get caught up in either. Let God handle it and you move one as best you can... and stay away from her.
okayyy umm why are u soft its over
That is a good question. I was in the same boat and I still cant figure out the answer to that. She said she still loved me and everything, even after she broke up with me, but not even an hour later, she was dating someone else. She said she wasnt use to being single and she wanted to have someone in her life. I mean, I was good to her, anything she wanted, I was right there before she even asked, but I suppose it was never good enough. Well, if you are that great of a guy, she will realize that she made a horrible mistake and you may have someone better than her and she will be wondering why she did what she did. So, my advice to you, find someone and make sure you can make her feel even worse for making that mistake.
Awe...., When someone is on the rebound, its usually to get over feeling rejected. Well, that's what it used to mean anyway. I would seek out other women, I'm sure you will find many more and do better. Don't feel overly rejected either, I have a feeling that she may have just felt like she was missing whatever mystery that she thinks finding a monogamous relationship might have kept her from discovering because she wasn't out among the single seeking a date world to long at the age of 20. Sooner of later, chances are that she will get real tired of looking and decide she made a mistake. But by that time you will have found some other bomb shell and not want her back. You never know if timing would ever be right to strike up a relationship again. But one thing that is pretty common, even those who have been married for decades occasionally wonder what it would have been like if....
  • moto guzzi
  • girls myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment